Today's recommendation: Natives (Book)
Suitable for Year 9+
1. Despite doing well academically Kingslee was put into a special needs group as opposed to his regular classes. What reasons did his teachers give? Do you think this was right?
2. How were Linford Christie’s Olympic gold medal and achievements discussed by reporters and journalists at the time? How did Linford feel about it?
3. The author is treated differently in different parts of the world depending on how he is racialised. How does this help him to understand privilege?
4. When Kingslee visited the national portrait gallery his teacher showed him a picture of William Wilberforce. What was his reaction? How did his teacher take it?
5. The author defines “white nationalism” and “black nationalism”. How are they different?
We hope you found this week's recommendation meaningful - Please stay tuned on our social media for new recommendations every week!