Today's recommendation: Milk
Suitable for Year 10+
Available to buy or rent on YouTube or Amazon
1. Harvey Milk wanted everyone to come “out of the closet”, he believed that if everyone knew someone who was gay or lesbian it would transform our culture. Do you agree with him?
2. What are the risks associated with coming out? Is it different today from the 1970’s?
3. Is there a law in the UK that protects the rights of the LGBT+ community?
4. How does the media at the time depict Harvey Milk and the gay community? Is it an accurate representation of him and his movement?
5. Comment on the following quote by Harvey Milk “I am not a candidate, I am part of a movement”.
We hope you enjoyed this week's recommendation - Please stay tuned on our social media for new recommendations every week!