Today's recommendation: The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas (Book)
Suitable for Year 7+
1. Bruno feels that Shmuel is like his twin, the boys are different in many ways. Use a Venn diagram to compare and contrast the two characters.
2. Bruno says many things that demonstrate he does not understand at all how bad the conditions
are at the concentration camp. Why do you think that Shmuel does not try harder to correct Bruno?
3. Why does Shmuel forgive Bruno so easily for betraying him? What does this suggest about Shmuel?
4. Why do the boys want to embrace when Bruno first appears on Shmuel’s side of the fence?
5. Why would nothing in the world have persuaded Bruno to let go of Shmuel’s hand at the end of Chapter 19?
We hope you found this week's recommendation meaningful - Please stay tuned on our social media for new recommendations every week!